- Ferdinand, Pamela, "Seventeen an Awkward Age, N.H. Juvenile Justice Finds: In Reversal, State Moves to Raise Criminal Adulthood to 18," Washington Post, March 27, 2002 at A03.
- Bonner, Raymond and Rimer, Sara, "Young and Condemned/A Special Report: Whether to Kill Those Who Killed as Youths" New York Times, August 22, 2000.
- Chammah, Maurice, "The Minority Report of David Powell," Guernica Magazie, March 1, 2013.
- "Special Report: A Deadly Distinction" Houston Chronicle (4-part series on the death penalty), February 5-9, 2001.
- Rimer, Sara, "In the Busiest Death Chamber, Duty Carries Its Own Burdens," New York Times, December 17, 20
- Lewis, Neil A., "Rules Set Up for Terror Tribunals May Deter Some Defense Lawyers," New York Times, July 13, 2003
- Lyall, Sarah, "Families of 2 British Terrorism Suspects Oppose Military Trials by the U.S.," New York Times, July 5, 2003.